Levon Vincent brings some atmosphere whilst remaining upbeat. Opening with a repeating spatial vocal and distant synth chords before letting loose a low piano roll that satisfies bass desires.
DJ Jus Ed – I’m Comin’ (Levon Vincent Remix) | Buy
The Expressionist is a short film from Intel’s highly impressive Visual Life series.
In this documentary, designer and co-founder of Wolff Olins Agency, Michael Wolff explans how “Seeing is a muscual exercise” and goes on to give us his thoughts behind the idea that curiosity, appreciation, and imagination are all important “Musles”.
Continuing with my monthly mix series is this compilation, which bizarrely ended up being two seconds longer than last months. A selection of super seductive sounds.
1. Liz Torres – What You Make Me Feel (Leftside Wobble Edit)
2. Chris Carrier – 1000 Reasons
3. 6th Borough Project – BURT (Inside) (feat Paul Joseph)
4. Kiki & Lenz – Morning Maniacs
5. Roberto Rodriguez – I Keep Thinking Of You
6. Mic Newman – The Casualty (Iron Curtis Mix)
7. Noir & Haze – Around (Solomun Vox Remix)
8. Virgo Four – It’s A Crime (Caribou Mix)
9. Mark E – The Day
Alex Egan of former Bloggers Delight and Skull Juice dj duo fame has kindly delivered this podcast. His other projects include productions under the alias Astronomer, as previously posted, and coming soon The Draughtsman. This mix is a ninety minute journey into a weird and wonderful world of sensational sounds.
01. Eurythmics – Baby’s Gone Blue
02. Laid Back – Cocaine Cool
03. Katelectro vs. Jauzas The Shining – Plug (Ottomatique Remix)
04. The Juan Maclean – Tonight
05. Joakim – Forever Young (Discodeine Remix)
06. Daphni – Ye Ye
07. JR Seaton – Azklementyne (Brassica Remix)
08. Memory Boy – (There Is No) Electricity
09. Matias Aguayo – Dance Machine
10. Strip Steve & Das Glow – Calcium
11. Richy Ahmed – Suck It
12. Mr. G – Platonic Solids No. 5
13. Aux 88 – Voice Modulation (Anthony Rother Remix)
14. Detroit Grand Pubahs – Autotragik (Terence Fixmer Remix) (Edit)
15. Remain – Concrete (Matt Walsh Remix)
16. Jennygoesdirty – Amoreaux Solitaires (Aswefall Remix)
17. Andrea Esu – E.S.U. Track (Hannulelauri Remix)
18. In Flagranti – Knock Out Logic
19. C-Beams – Thumbling
20. Tim Hecker – City In Flames (In 3 Parts) (Part 3)
Increasing the tempo of the podcast series with their hour mix is Cubiq. This producer and dj duo from Oxford provide an extensive track list that is tightly mixed and includes a selection of acapella inserts. It’s an energetic feet mover whilst remaining deep and techy.
01. Smokey Robinson – Cruisin’ (Acapella)
02. Gregor Salto & Florian T – Mundocaso
03. Phunklarique & Dejonka – Reflections In Plexiglass
04. Falko Brocksieper – Zychological [a]
05. Stuffa – Proof (FCL Remix) [b]
06. The Milk – Danger (The Other Tribe Remix)
07. H.O.S.H – White Elephant
08. Patrick Chardronnet – Days Like These [c]
09. Dusty Kid – Kore [d]
10. The Beach Boys – You Still Believe In Me (Acapella)
11. Lucio Aquilina – Magic M
12. Mile Caro & Franck Garcia – Dead Souls (Radio Slave Remix) [e]
13. Dominic Eulberg – Es Kleb Noch Morgentau In Dei [f]
14. Daso – Meine (Lucio Aquilina Remix)
15. Cubiq – Ideas (SeKa Remix)
16. Efdemin – Stately, Yes
17. Solomun – Small Talk (Jimpster Remix) [g]
18. Cubiq – Snakes & Ladders [h]
[a] The Spinners – It’s A Shame (Acapella)
[b] The Beach Boys – God Only Knows (Acapella)
[c] Diana Ross & Lionel Richie – Endless Love (Acapella)
[d] Dazz Band – Let It Whip (Acapella)
[e] Diana Ross – Upside Down (Acapella)
[f] Two Charles Bukowski – Poetry Reading Samples
[g] Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit (Acapella)
[h] The Temptations – I Wish It Would Rain (Acapella)
A track played by Lee Foss during an idyllic three hour evening sun set in an open top caravan at Gottwood. A first from G$ vs Gold, Gadi Mizrahi of Wolf & Lamb and Eli Gold of Soul Clap, respectively. Subtle brassy synths, low warm bass hums and soft vocal runs.
Lucky Paul – Thought We Were Alone (Money Vs Gold Remix) | Buy
Megunica is the latest film from director Loremzo Fonda which documents his travels with Italian street artist Blu and their two friends as they make their way across South America through Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Argentina (hence the acronym Megunica).
From the outset, the aim of the film was to capture how different cultures and lifestyles would inspire Blu’s work.
While filming Blu paint the crew meet a host of colourful locals, tour guides and artists.
With the characters we meet along the way often having their own stories to tell, the completely unscripted film ends up being a blend between a road-trip and a cultural exchange movie which you can watch in it’s entirety for free right HERE